The SFE² publishes opinion statements regarding topics of societal or academic importance:
- Call to strengthen and better enforce European Birds and Wild Habitats Faune and Flora Directives
- Call of world Ecological Societies related to the COP21
- Statement of the SFE² regarding the scientific publishing system
- An urgent call for action to restrict climate change and reverse biodiversity loss, from academic societies. International call initiated by SFE² and signed by numerous academic societies.
The SFE² is also supports the following actions :
- The Peer Community In Ecology initiative : an innovative online system to review and recommend manuscripts in ecology.
- Walks for Climate (Oct 13th 2018, Dec 8th 2018, March 15-16th 2019, …)
- The Ecological Constitution (in French)
- The Tribune in the French journal Le Monde (06/12/2019) in reaction to a discourse by the President of the CNRS (french research institute) who refeered to darwinism to justify Research orientations in favor of competition.
- The open letter « Research: Against a law of inequalities » to Messrs Petit and Macron, and to all those who believe that human societies should function by competition.