Our PhD project [A multidisciplinary ‘big data’ approach to identify early warning signals in microalgae production systems] has been shortlisted for funding by La Caixa INPHiNIT fellowship. We invite interested students to apply:
The PhD project will focus on (1) understanding how microbial interactions can affect biomass production in microalgal raceway ponds and (2) predict crashes to assure long-term stability in microalgaculture and subsequent biogas production as biofuel.
Results will contribute to transition to renewable energy and greenhouse gas reduction.
The candidate will gain expertise in molecular lab. technics, meta-omics analyses, ecological theory and non-linear dynamic network analyses (EDM).
The project will benefit from being integrated in the H2020 PRODIGIO project (Link) that Pedro Cermeño coordinates and I manage.
The student will be based @Barcelona:
La Caixa INPHiNIT fellowships:
These are very prestigious fellowships with great conditions for the students:
– Three annual payments of €34,800 yearly gross salary
– Additional €3,564 per year, for research costs such as conferences, courses, research stays, consumables, equipment, charges for the use of intellectual property, etc.
– A prize of €7,500, which will be paid to the fellows who deposit the thesis within 6 months after the third year of their fellowship has ended.
To be eligible:
– Research experience: Candidates must be in the first four years of their research career and must not have previously obtained a PhD degree or be in a position to apply for one.
– Academic records: Applicants must hold a higher education degree that makes them eligible to enrol in a doctoral programme in Spain/Portugal when starting at their host institutions. The verification of the level of studies equivalent to those mentioned above will be carried out by the host university during the admission procedure.
– Mobility: Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than twelve months in the three years immediately prior to the deadline for applications.
– Level of English: Candidates must accredit an advanced level of English (B2 or higher).
Applications are made directly to La Caixa INPHiNIT program:
You can apply until the 27th of January, candidates will be shortlisted in April and final decision will be made in June.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Institute of Marine Sciences (ICM)
Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
Passeig Maritim Barceloneta, 37-49
08003, Barcelona, Spain